Jesus is found among the teachers in the Temple; He returns home and is obedient to Mary and Joseph
The fifth in the series of intentions for Priests is for the fifth Joyful Mystery: The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
- We pray that priests will always be found going about their Father’s business.
- We pray for all young priests that the love and dedication they experience in the first years of their priesthood may increase with time.
- We pray for all priests who teach the Faith to children and adults.
Mary and Joseph, in obedience to the Law, bring Jesus to the temple to be dedicated to God. Simeon expresses his gratitude to God for revealing the Messias to him before he dies.
The fourth in the series of intentions for Priests begun yesterday is for the fourth Joyful Mystery: The Presentation in the Temple.
- We thank God for all priests who, like Simeon, have given decades of faithful service. We pray that they may be rewarded for their generosity and self-sacrifice.
- We pray also for all priests whose hearts are pierced by loneliness, depression, and rejection.
Mary visits her cousin Elizabeth, who recognises Mary as the living tabernacle for their Divine Lord.
The second in the series of intentions for Priests begun yesterday is for the second Joyful Mystery: The Visitation.
- We pray for especially for priests who bring Holy Communion to the sick, the shut-ins, and Viaticum to the dying.
- We pray for all the priests who minister to the sick in other ways, counselling, comforting, and consoling them